- Health Supplements
- Protein Powder
- Weight Loss Products
- Health Devices
- Blood Pressure Machine
- Women Care
Dr. Reckeweg R8 homeopathic medicine is a proprietary blend of several homeopathic herbs. It has key ingredients like ammonium caust, bryonia etc., that act on cough, catarrhal (build-up of mucus in the nose or throat along with inflammation of the mucous membrane), affections in upper air passage, inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes (bronchitis) and whooping cough of all the stages. It is also indicated for bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis, fits of coughing in pulmonary tuberculosis or a similar progressive wasting disease (phthisis).
The key properties in Dr. Reckeweg R8 syrup are derived from the following ingredients that act as natural treatment for cough:
- Ammonium caust treats convulsive cough accompanied with loose mucus
- Belladona treats involuntary cough attacks, barking and hollow cough and dry membranes of mucus
- Bryonia treats the dry and harsh cough with the pain in chest
- Chamomilla treats catarrh (excessive discharge or build-up of mucus) and hoarseness along with accumulation of tight mucus in throat, convulsive cough and dry cough
- Coccus cacti treats the hypersensitivity of mucosa of pharynx. It also treats the spasmodic cough with the glairy and viscous expectorations
- Corallium rubrum considered a natural treatment for cough that treats the attack of convulsic (spasm) cough along with the choking fit
- Cuprum acetium treats the spasmodic cough, viscous mucus and difficult or laboured breathing (dyspnea)
- Drosera rotundifolia treats the convulsive cough that is accompanied by bluish discoloration of the skin due to poor circulation of blood (cyanosis) and suffocation
- Ipecacuanha treats dry asphyxiant (substance that can cause unconsciousness or death by suffocation) cough along with the glottis spasm and nausea
- Thymus vulgaris acts as expectorant (secrets sputum by the air passages)
Dr. Reckeweg R8 cough syrup are indicated for inflammation of the mucous (catarrhal affections) of the upper air passages, especially bronchitis and whooping cough at all stages. Effective natural expectorant in chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, fits of coughing in phthisis (a wasting disease of the body, tuberculosis).
The medication should not be taken if patient develops any hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. Generally medications should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor. Please keep medications out of reach from children. Homeopathic medications should be kept out of direct light and stored at a constant temperature, not over 30 degree Centigrade. Once you break open the seal, medications should be used up quickly.
Kindly consult your qualified or licensed physician before using the product.
For whooping cough: In the beginning of the treatment frequent doses, every 1 hour 10 drops in some water or one teaspoon (5 ml) of syrup. Advisable is to alternate from hour to hour the cough syrup and the cough drops.
After attenuation of the graveness and frequency of the fits of coughing (generally in 2 to 3 days) take the medicine every 2 hours in the treatment of non to specific Catarrahs, following whooping cough, take 4 to 6 times daily 10 to 15 drops in some water, or one teaspoon (5 ml) of syrup.
Acute bronchitis and laryngotopharyngitis: Every 2 to 3 hours 10 to 15 drops or one teaspoon of syrup.
Brand DR. RECKEWEG